Sunday, June 17, 2012

Toronto,Ontario Excellent Sports Venues Great International City

This weekend was my first weekend in Toronto. I came from Philadelphia to support the Phillies during their three game series vs. the Toronto Blue Jays. Despite the Phillies being swept and falling 6 games under .500, I was impressed by the people of Toronto. Those individuals help ease the pain of Phillies loses by the scores of 3-0/6-5/6-2 being outscored by the BlueJays by a total of 15-7. Yet the fans at the Rogers Centre were very friendly. I also have an opportunity to visit the Air Canda Centre home of the Raptors and MapleLeafs. I even stopped past Wayne Gretzky restaurant. I read Toronto is a world class international city, yet I was able to experience it for myself. Their are people from all different religions and backgrounds who live in this Ontario region. Friday when I first stepped in Rogers Center, especially as a Phillies fan is losing the 1993 World Series to Toronto following Joe Carter Game 6 series winning walkoff homerun vs. Mitch Williams. My second thought was the first Wrestlemania I saw back in 1990 at Skydome featuring Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior. I look forward to coming back to visit Toronto soon. Anyone with a passport should visit as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment