Thursday, June 28, 2012

1992-2012 20 Year Anniversary Of Dream Team Bring Back So Many Memories

By now, if your old enough you remember the 1992 U.S.A Men's Baketball Team. Those Olympics 20 years ago took place in Barcelona,Spain while the 2012 Summer Olympics will take place in London,England. As an eleven year old back in 1992, it was the summer between 5th and 6th grade. It was a summer that featured plenty of personal first. First time I ever rode on an Amtrak train, first time I visited the South...Raleigh,North Carolina to be exact and first time that I ever saw the Olympics. My grandmother took me with her to visit relatives in North Carolina who recently moved there from Philadelphia. Two things I remember from the summer of 1992, it was extremely hot in Raleigh and watching the Dream Team ! The memories have been brought back to me by July 2012 GQ issue that has a Dream Team article by Lang Whitaker. NBATV over the past two weeks debuted a Dream Team documentary. Both the article and video footage take fans into various things about the 12 rock stars that were never released previously. It was interesting to read and see how the selection process went and how competitive the practices were. Thanks to the Dream Team, the NBA has landed players from all over the world to play in the National Basketball Association. Many of those men were boys then like myself and the Barcelona games, truly inspired them to play professional basketball in the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment