Sunday, September 18, 2016

Historical Dodger Stadium

During a recent visit to Los Angeles I wanted an opportunity to take a look at Dodger Stadium.
Originally from Philadelphia and visiting California for the first time I wanted to see the historical stadium. In previous years I've even read up on the controversy that took place in the Chavez Ravine neighborhood as the Dodgers transitioned from Brooklyn to Los Angeles. Several Mexican Americans were displaced from their homes. They were also promised various things that they never received. When I pulled up to Vin Scully Way which is the Gate A entrance to Dodger Stadium I immediately thought of the history for the stadium, the organization and the legendary announcer who's retiring at seasons end. As a Philadelphia Phillies fan I immediately think of the 2008 NLCS an epic come from behind victory in Game 4 and NL pennant clinching Game 5 victory in this very stadium. Obviously there's much more Major League Baseball history as well at this venue. My visit was brief I didn't enter the stadium it was a non game day. Yet just being on the perimeter I was internally excited to take in the history. Maybe if the chance presents itself again to come to Southern California I'll have a chance to actually go to a Dodgers game.

No comments:

Post a Comment