Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Yankees Cowboys Lakers Fans How Legit Are They When They Aren't From New York Dallas Or Los Angeles

New York Yankees 27 World Series titles, Dallas Cowboys 5 Superbowl titles and Los Angeles Lakers 16 NBA titles. All three teams have a combined 48 professional championships. Personally I understand the concept people can like whatever franchise they desire. What I don't understand is why do fans of those teams that aren't from : New York, Dallas or Los Angeles make up reasons why they follow those squads. Few admit those were the teams in their respective childhood that were always on television, before the days of cable and Internet. It was basically watch those teams on television or don't watch sports at all. I hear plenty of fans who don't live in those cities respond to reasons why they like those teams, one of those reasons are : "My parents or relatives liked the Yankees, Cowboys or Lakers", so now I like them. Some fans like at minimum 2 of those 3 teams. I never understood why fans didn't choose the Mets, Oilers (at the time they were in Houston) or the Clippers, my guess is those franchises don't have enough championships. Who knows the way a fan follows a sports team, may also show the type of person they are personality wise.

1 comment:

  1. Well my dad was a cowboys yankee lakers fan so I was born into it. All though these are the most prestigious teams In each sport respectively, I have yet to see the Fowboys win a title the lakers are now the worse they've been in history and the Yankees were sellers at the trade deadline for the first time in two decades. If i was a bandwagon I would have been left lmaooo.

    ReplyDelete